February 08, 2018
February 28, 2018
We are looking for an energetic, results-oriented, people manager to support and grow the diverse operations at our Calgary Base.
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and airport services for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and BC, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users, including FBOs, workforce terminals, and aerodrome management. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the aviation industry by focusing on safety, customer service, consistency and quality.
The Base Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and overall success of the Calgary operation. The incumbent is expected to drive performance and growth of the business through innovation and strong customer relationships.
• Establish the overall vision and direction for the Calgary location, which includes fueling, passenger and ground handling, and many other ancillary aviation services.
• Accountable for the financial performance of the location, including monthly income statement analysis and annual budgeting.
• Ensure compliance with EFC’s corporate standards, policies and procedures, and all relevant industry, airport, regulatory and federally/provincially legislated requirements.
• Develop a work culture and environment of safety, empowerment, teamwork and continuous improvement, through effective communications and leading by example.
• Develop and lead the Calgary Team to meet business objectives and customer expectations, including recruitment, scheduling, performance management and training.
• Interact regularly with EFC’s clients, ensuring that customer needs are effectively understood and addressed as required to provide exceptional customer service.
• Develop and attain annual goals for the operations, ensuring alignment with EFC’s corporate goals and overall business strategy, through measurement of key performance indicators.
• Create, assess, and update business processes as required to drive operational efficiencies and business growth.
• Interact regularly with other location managers and senior management to ensure alignment and share best practices.
• Develop new business opportunities and revenue streams, including contract negotiation and implementation.
• Other duties consistent with Base Manager position.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a related field is preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years previous management experience, including direct experience with operations, business processes and leading teams.
• Experience in airport refueling and bulk fuel supply is an asset.
• Effective leadership and people management skills, including a solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate and a track record of dealing successfully with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines.
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills, including the ability to identify key issues and effectively overcome internal and external challenges.
• Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
• Energetic, self-motivated, and results oriented individual.
• Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain/hold an YYC airport RAIC and required security clearances.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, a great work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating the position title and location you are applying for in your subject line.
EFC in an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.